Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sunday School Fun

WHAT DID WE LEARN TODAY?
Who was our story about: Mary, Joseph, Jesus, inn keeper
What was our story about: God's Son, Jesus was born to Mary.
Where our story is found in the Bible: Luke 2:1-7
Bible Verse: "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy..." Luke 2:10
Why: To help children know that Jesus' birth is the reason we celebrate Christmas.
Craft: Foam jingle bells and stickers.

Because of His great love for us, Jesus became the means of our redemption.

I sent home a nativity craft for you to make with your child. A fun way to remember our Saviour's birthplace.

Today was a great day to be at Friendship Baptist! Miss Debbie (Cook) and I had eight friends in class today - two girls and six boys. Our prize today was a Spree Candy Cane. Yum!

Please bring your child to Sunday School. We start at 9:00AM and at 9:05/9:10AM, I pass out a prize just for being ON TIME! How awesome is that? If your child is not in class, they really miss out - not just a prize, but they don't get to hear a fabulous Bible story. Come on, get out of bed and bring your son/daughter to Sunday School. I miss them when they aren't in class.

We always pray for Pastor first in our class, followed by Jeff and Mike and Miss Stephanie and Brother Loren, and the Wilbanks. It's just a good habit to always remember our staff and our missionaries during prayer time.


I typically give my class a small snack (fruit snacks have been the favorite lately) during story time to keep their hands occupied while they listen. It's not a replacement for breakfast, but some of my friends don't eat before they come to church. If your child has any food allergies or health issues, please let us know. Thanks.

Your child should be coming home with a white sack full of stuff from Sunday School and Children's Church. Please remind them to get their things from their tubby. ALSO, PLEASE KEEP ALL PERSONAL TOYS AT HOME. I have toys in the classroom for my friends to play with. Toys from home are a very big distraction. I appreciate your help in this matter. :)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful children. Can't think of a better way to begin my Sunday morning. I adore each of them. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please give me a call or catch me at church. We want your child's Sunday School time to be awesome, so if we can do anything to make it better than it already is, just let me know. See you next week at 9:00AM. Be there!

Oh, as we gear up for Christmas, I know many of you have strong opinions of Santa Claus. Every year, I have at least one child proclaim to the whole class that Santa Claus isn't real. GROAN! Please, please talk to your children if Santa doesn't visit your home and explain that many families love Santa (including Mrs. Pam) and it is not kind to tell other children there is no Santa - you know you only get underwear if you don't believe :)
Thanks for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment